You should consider mobile website design and mobile SEO because:
- Our client websites receive 10% – 15% of all traffic from mobile devices, including tablets such as the iPad. The number of visitors viewing your site from a mobile device will increase markedly for the foreseeable future.
- Full website content is intended to be viewed on a larger monitor with larger screen resolutions. Mobile devices like smartphones typically offer screen resolutions ranking from 320px x 480px to 640px × 960px, much smaller screen sizes (many of the Android phones will have larger screens but they’re still all smaller than your desktop monitor).
- Videos and images have a greater effect on mobile websites because they really can convey your message in a much shorter time than text.
Lancer Media’s 6 Principles of Mobile Website Design
- A lot of content is not always good. If there’s any platform that should leverage the aesthetic value of images and videos, it’s a mobile website.
- Content is still king, though. Think value and a positive visitor experience.
- Graphics play a significant role in mobile conversions. Photos are a great aesthetic in mobile website design but too many will slow mobile web page load times and also charge more bandwidth against the mobile device owners data plan. That said, graphics play a big role in conversions, especially on a mobile site.
- Videos are exceptional, entertaining, visually stimulating (content, not really) and can sell your product or service in a shorter period of time. This is a good time to video SEO each of your videos (and images) with proper keyword-rich titles, title tags, metatags, and descriptive text.
- Content should be succinct and to the point. Mobile visitors have even shorter attention spans so deliver the call-to-action quickly whether it’s a listing of real estate properties, women’s wallets, life coaching services, or charter fishing rates.
- Your full site does not equal your mobile site. Do not replicate all web pages from your full site onto your mobile site. Yes, describe your company, include a contact page, your product/service pages of course, and supporting web pages essential to the product or service being sold.